Spiking long hair for guys, 7 steps.

Discussion in 'YA Fashion' started by heartless xo, Jul 31, 2009.

1. heartless xo

heartless xo New Member

How to spike hair and have it STAY there.
    I know guys have this issue and I found something that works for me.

Bed Head - Hard head spiking gel
    Shaping hair spray- hold - 9 ( can be found at target, walmart, or any local store like that for under 10 )
    Bed Head - Masterpierce hairspray OR any STRONG FREEZING SPRAY
    Biosilk or any kind of silk therapy moisture thingy.

As you can see from my avi that I have spikes, but I can do it a lot better than that, ill just have to upload a pic soon, but basically after you get out of the shower..

1) Dry your hair about halfway then use the Biosilk to eliminate any extra tangles, then continue to dry until you have zero moisture.

2) Straighten every section of your hair

3) Get the shaping spray and run your fingers threw the back and top while spraying to give yourself "prespikes"

4) Then before the hold starts to set in, get the spiking gel and shape your spikes outward to the side first, but be sure to work quickly threw small sections and try not to grab too much hair with too little gel or else some parts will get hard and not go up at all.

5) After the sides are done, grab the shaping spray again and shape the top spikes and then apply the gel to the parts you want to stick out.

6) Get a blow dryer and make sure you have a good amount of seperation between the dryer and your spikes and then begin to blow dry it all around.

7) Heres where the real magic is in the masterpiece spray. It not only gives your hair a shine that wont make it look all icky and hard, but its also gives it a really good hold, so give yourself an all around spray in the ROOTS. But before you finish, give one last all around spay with the shaping spray to keep placement of the back spikes.

Well thats pretty much it, feel free to ask any questions.
  2. Speakersrock

Speakersrock New Member

Use Got2B Icing Spray. I loves it :). =P
  3. VioletVelvetine

VioletVelvetine New Member

Great write up, buddy. +1.

Although you made a critical error here:
    You always start at the back with anything. The back is your foundation.
    I used to start my spikes at the side too, Since learning to start at the back they've turned out much better.

Other than that your write up was chipper, I'd love to see more.
    Keep up the great work.
    :]
  4. heartless xo

heartless xo New Member

Oh I know what you mean, but for me my back spikes are short, so in a sense my prespikes for my back...are my spikes..lol..but I get what you mean, most people dont, but thanks!