Preteens Being Sexually Active

Discussion in 'YA Religion & Politics' started by BeautifulWhoever, Nov 22, 2011.

1. BeautifulWhoever

BeautifulWhoever New Member

Media:
    Albums:
    So the title pretty much lays it out there.
    What brought me onto this is my moms friend has a daughter who she thinks is about to become sexually active. The reason being is because at around 2:00 AM her daughter got a text that her step father opened to see what would be so important, but it turned out to be this really long detailed message about what this boy had done to his daughter and what he wants to do next time.
    So the girls mom asked her about it and the girl continuously said she didn't know what any of it meant, even the stuff she said back to the boy.
    And so the mom is probably going to let her keep going to the skating rink (where all of this happened) with the boy because she doesn't want to be mean.

Tell me your opinions about what you'd do in the mothers position and how you feel about preteens and young teenagers becoming sexually active and what time you think is reasonable to become sexually active.
  2. KittensKill

KittensKill Destroying Angels

Media:
    Albums:
    Preteens being sexually active is scary, and far more common than many would believe.
    A couple of years ago, a whole bunch of ten year olds ended up with an STD by having unsafe sex with each other.
    I think being open, and talking about sex a lot more (in an informed manner) is what is needed.
    As I have talked about in other threads, scandinavian teens are less likely to have sex at an earlier age because the are brought up without sex being taboo.
    When something is taboo, young people become more curious about it.
  3. boondocksaint

boondocksaint New Member

I swear I read about this a long time ago,

but isn't one of the reasons kids are going through puberty earlier and earlier is because the steroids and shit that's in our meat to make chickens and cows grow faster?
  4. KittensKill

KittensKill Destroying Angels

Media:
    Albums:
    Thats one reason.
    but people in their early teens have always experimented sexually.
    After all, babies mastrutbate.
  5. Fluffy the Pear

Fluffy the Pear 10h47m49.6s, +12°34'54"

Nothing says, "Victorian Era" like the absurd amount of behind-the-scenes teen sex going on in that time. This has been going on since the Stone Age, possibly beyond. You just have to read between the lines in history.