How do I get hair dye out of my bathtub or sink?

Discussion in 'Fashion Talk' started by XxEmoDemonChildxX, Jul 17, 2011.

How do I get hair dye out of my bathtub or sink?

Discussion in 'Fashion Talk' started by XxEmoDemonChildxX, Jul 17, 2011.

1. XxEmoDemonChildxX

XxEmoDemonChildxX New Member

Ok so I have a typical sink and bathtub, I think it's like porcelain or something?
    Anyway, when I dye my hair and wash it out, it stains like something fierce!! The only thing that seems to work is nail polish remover, but it also smells really strong (burned my nostrils bad once, couldn't smell for a week).
    One time when I dyed it purple, my tub was the same color for a really long time before it finally all came out, after a bajillion washes.
    What are some good strong household cleaners that get out hairdye really well?
    It also stains my bathroom counter if my dye brush drips.
    I'd rather not use bleach, or something that smells bad/strong.
  2. Mairose

Mairose New Member

Vermont, USA. There's not a McDonald's for miles a
    Mr.Clean Magic Eraser sponges. They're the ONLY thing that has ever gotten dye out of my sink, tub, and off my counter (and once off the back of my toilet... splattered when I combed my hair. :p) It takes a bit of elbow grease, but they work great, and require no cleaners, just water. Also, while you're dyeing, it helps to prevent dye in the sink and counter if you lay an old towel down. I picked up a black towel from Dollar General for like $3, and it's perfect because it doesn't show the dye that drips on it while it's protecting the sink. Wear gloves so that you don't have to rinse your hands and risk staining the sink when your done, and keep a plastic bag handy to toss everything while you're working so you don't clutter your counter and risk dragging your elbow through an upturned dye lid. Hope that helps ya! :]
  3. XxEmoDemonChildxX

Thanks I'll try that!
  4. KittensKill

KittensKill Destroying Angels

Toilet cleaner.
    Seriously.
  5. XxEmoDemonChildxX

Interesting o_O I'll try both, when I move into my new apartment, I'd rather not stain the tub so when I move out I'm not charged with anything :p
  6. Torchic

Torchic The mod.

What they said.

OR what you could do is actually clean the dye off immediately when you're washing it out. Thats the easiest way to do it.
  7. braydon

braydon New Member