Feminine Boys

Discussion in 'Emo Scene' started by VanBurn, Jul 30, 2011.

1. VanBurn

VanBurn New Member

I've noticed that there seems to be a trend of feminine boys and emo, but why is that? I moved a few years ago and immediately got into the emo scene because I identified so much better with them... and well, I hated most everybody else =)
    Anyway, I've noticed that lots of the guys I met were of similar size as me (skinny) and a lot were feminine and also wore makeup.
    I am probably the most feminine looking guy I've ever seen.. to the point that I frequently get asked to model as female. Although a lot of emo girls seem to like feminine looking boys, I think my case is a little extreme.
  2. Tom

Tom Local Velociraver

Own that ponytail; work that up-do!
  3. KittensKill

KittensKill Destroying Angels

Media:
    Albums:
    I like androgyny, but boys still need to look like boys
  4. Vincentt

Vincentt New Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Just yesterday one of my best girl friends told me that I am probably the most feminine guy she knows...I didn't really know how to take it. :p
  5. InfiniteAurora

InfiniteAurora New Member

I'd much rather be a female.
    Guess that's why I have a pretty feminine personality.
  6. VanBurn

VanBurn New Member

Hehe it depends what you are going for =) Either way it's a compliment, means you are sensitive and you show emotion, both of which are good qualities.

Then you should live as a girl =) That's what I did... I don't really identify as either gender and could care less either way, but nobody has thought I was a guy in years.
    [​IMG][​IMG] see why =P

I am thinking about chopping my hair off and trying to look more boyish, but everytime I pull my hair back it makes me look more feminine. I sorta need long hair to hide my face to look boyish, but I can't stand it down =(
  7. BabyBex

BabyBex New Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Sweetie you are what you are on the inside not the out. My best friend Keara tried for years to be the girl her physical form portrays her to be eventually she realized she hated it. She goes by he now and uses the name Kye. Physical form isn't always right if Kye taught me one thing it was that. Whatever makes you happy is the path that should be followed. That goes for everyone.
  8. VanBurn

VanBurn New Member

Yeah that's sorta the issue I'm having =( I don't feel like either, and I enjoy being both, but I realize I need to pick one. Most of my friends here don't know I am really a guy, so going back would be so hard, but I miss it. I would miss being female too though...
    I just have some thinking to do =)
  9. InfiniteAurora

InfiniteAurora New Member

I think I might. Or I'll at least wait until I graduate. :/
  10. iNocturnal

iNocturnal New Member

you know, you'll look cool with short hair.. your face still looks like a guy face to me.. you need awesome scene clothes, short scene hair and voila! you'll end up good.. try it..
  11. Mairose

Mairose New Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Says who?
  12. VanBurn

VanBurn New Member

Haha thank you =) I may cut all my hair off soon, I'm so tempted. At best my face is androgynous, there is nothing masculine about it, nobody has thought I was a boy in years. It has a lot to do with the hair though. Some guy did a study and said that a large percentage of the population have androgynous faces to where they can go either way depending on the hair style. Asians are notorious for this.
    Although, at my age, my face really favors female. I'm just now exploring this site and realizing how much older I am than everyone, I think I should probably leave here soon. The emo scene here was geared towards older people when I got into it a couple years back... but I'm figuring out that a lot of you are teenagers.

Says me... it's becoming that time. I've been doing this for years... and now I am wanting to expand my job into a career, but I really need to be certain about who I am before I do that
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2011
  13. Mairose

Mairose New Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Stick around. We could use a dose of maturity.
  14. VanBurn

VanBurn New Member

Hehe, perhaps... but I don't want to seem creepy though, like I'm some weird person stalking around teenage forums. I'm 26 by the way.
  15. Mairose

Mairose New Member

Media:
    Albums:
    You're not nearly as creepy as the kids who only joined Emo Bucket to get their freak on.
    Every now and then we see these "OMG LIKE I NEED A BOYFRAAN" threads that are just...sad.

I actually like you a lot already. Your posts are not a clusterfuck of letters and numbers (in varying capitalization) and you seem to have a good head on your shoulders. :]
  16. VanBurn

VanBurn New Member

Haha, thank you =) Aside from my gender ambivalence, my life is pretty normal and stable. What do you think the average age is for this forum?
  17. Mairose

Mairose New Member

Media:
    Albums:
    There was a thread recently in the Bucket with a poll for the average ages, and I think it was something like 15-18.
  18. ShatteredHeart

ShatteredHeart Partying harder than ever.

I wonder if it has anything to do with testosterone or human growth hormone levels. I've never seen a big guy (read: football/rugby player body style) try to get involved in the "Emo"/"Scene" fashion. They all end up going goth/metalhead.
  19. VanBurn

VanBurn New Member

I suspect you are right about hormone levels. I was always very small and very feminine looking... which definitely also sparked gender ambivalence. After going to the doctor I found I had very low levels of Testosterone. My doctor put me on female hormones a couple years ago, by my request, but now my issues are coming up again. At the time I felt like I'd rather be a little girl than a little boy. Now I have hips, breasts and am legally female... but I don't know if that actually solved anything.
    I think low amounts of T would also justify the "Emo" aspect, since consequently you would have a higher than normal ratio of Estrogen to T, causing boys to be smaller, more effeminate and emotional.
  20. ShatteredHeart

ShatteredHeart Partying harder than ever.

Possibly. Both high and low levels of testosterone can cause aggression too, which would explain how emo/scene kids are just as much of assholes as "thugs."