Abortion DEBATE (read the first post before you reply)

Discussion in 'Serious Discussions' started by KittensKill, Feb 23, 2012.

Abortion DEBATE (read the first post before you reply)

Discussion in 'Serious Discussions' started by KittensKill, Feb 23, 2012.

1. Rotten0Bananaz

Rotten0Bananaz The poop in your water.

Here's a bit of perspective for some. I'm pregnant with my first child who was indeed an accident and I was 16 when I found out and I was scared out of my wits. I almost went to the store that day and get the pill, but for some odd reason I could bring myself to do it. It may not have a face, but it's still living even if it is a cell. If the fetus is healthy and doesn't pose a threat or health complication, then I believe it's nobler to spare the life of said being. And with that sacrifice, there are alternatives like adoption, which is what I'm doing. I'm not about to make a rape victim do the same because pregnancy is cruel *****, but if they were to ask me my opinion, well there you go. I'm pro-life. This is coming from someone that doesn't believe in animal euthanasia, by the way.
  2. I_Shoot_Like_A_Girl

I_Shoot_Like_A_Girl New Member

i understand where your coming from, when i was 16 i had a pregnancy scare and the first thing that came to mind was abortion, i thought of that bundle of cells as similar to cancer (both are undifferentaiated cells) ,and i was scared shitless; thankfully i wasnt actually pregnant but if i had been i would have had no hesitation in having an abortion.

I also dont believe in animal euthanasia but that is because the animals are aleady alive but a baby isnt alive until 24 weeks which is also the latest a person can have an abortion. And finally i really respect you for going through with your pregnancy and not opting for the easy way out which is what i would have done
  3. Rotten0Bananaz

Ha. This reminds me: Scene from House-
    "Jill: My joints have been feeling all loose, and lately I've been feeling sick a lot. Maybe I'm overtraining; I'm doin' the marathon, like, ten miles a day,
    [House looks tired]
    Jill: but I can't seem to lose any weight.
    Dr. Gregory House: Lift up your arms.
    [she does so]
    Dr. Gregory House: You have a parasite.
    Jill: Like a tapeworm or something?
    Dr. Gregory House: Lie back and lift up your sweater.
    [she lies back, and still has her hands up]
    Dr. Gregory House: You can put your arms down.
    Jill: Can you do anything about it?
    Dr. Gregory House: Only for about a month or so. After that it becomes illegal to remove, except in a couple of states.
    [he starts to ultrasound her abdomen]
    Jill: Illegal?
    Dr. Gregory House: Don't worry. Many women learn to embrace this parasite. They name it, dress it up in tiny clothes, arrange playdates with other parasites...
    Jill: Playdates?
    Dr. Gregory House: [shows her the ultrasound] It has your eyes."
    [It's a baby]
  4. KittensKill

KittensKill Destroying Angels

LOL
    Sorry to have to break it to you, it's real, it happens, and it doesn't require your belief in it.

I have no propblem at all with animal euthanasia, it should be greatly prefered to abuse and cruelty, and suffering.
  5. Rotten0Bananaz

We know it exists, we just don't approve of the practice in deciding who/what lives or dies.
  6. King

King Lord of the Bitches

Seriously, you've been pregnant for like...ever now. When are you going to have the damn thing?!
  7. KittensKill

Humans are omnivores, its what we do.
  8. I_Shoot_Like_A_Girl

yes, we kill to eat not because its an easy option. if an animal is in pain then i agree that euthanasia is the kindest thing but if the animal is healthy and not hurting anyone then i think that it shouldnt be in human nature to put it down and if humans have evolved to be like that then something definately went wrong somewhere down the line
  9. King

King Lord of the Bitches

Have you not done any history? We've committed greater crimes against nature in our past than wiping out a few cells in a uterus.
  10. I_Shoot_Like_A_Girl

my point exactly...
  11. HxC FiALURE

HxC FiALURE tits or gtfo.

lol love it!
    but i wanna know how he knew from her raising her arms....

i am for abortions, especially in cases like in the first post.

also i think if you know you cannot take care of a baby properly (will need financial help, are single, have mental/physical problems, will need to use babysitters 24/7 and work, etc) i think you should adopt or abort.
    keeping your kid "because you wanted kids and love it" is a selfish reason. if theres a chance for it to have a better life, take it. if its life will be shitty, dont keep it.
  12. AdiLund89

AdiLund89 New Member

There are sooo many opinions and views on this topic, which is why it will be up for debate forever.

I'm going to be as completely honest as possible with this...

I am not pregnant anymore, but I have a two year old daughter Lilah. I was only 20 when I gave birth to her. Most physically and emotionally draining thing I have ever been through.
    I was in labor with her for 2 days. I pushed for 2 hours, but shit turned serious and I ended up having an emergency C-section, because she was in distress and I was at risk too.

Back to the topic:

I do not feel that I was old enough to endure that physically or mentally, my body still hasn't fully recovered and that was 2 years ago. It is a woman's choice and that is that.
    Also, regarding the topic of whether or not a woman should abort if they know the child will be ill and not be able to live a full and healthy life. I had a quad screening, basically what that is, they test your fetus for any abnormalities...

I'm not going to lie, I was freaked out. I told my husband (yes, I got married for the child.. bad idea) that I wasn’t sure if we should even be having a child, let alone one with a disability. You can judge me and that is fine but you don’t know the feeling until you are put in that position. Lilah didn’t end up having any abnormalities. She was a perfectly healthy baby girl after birth. Me however I was a ******* wreck.

I made the choice to have my daughter despite only being 20. All women should have the same chance to make that choice. No one should tell them they should or should not be able to abort their pregnancy. If I had known my daughter would be born with any of the genetic disorders below, I may not have went through with the pregnancy. Not because of my own selfish reasons of not wanting to care for a special needs child. But because I would want my child to have a long healthy and happy life, and not have to suffer because I wanted to be a saint and be a pro-choice hypocrite.

http://www.americanpregnancy.org/prenataltesting/quadscreen.html

*Sorry wasn't trying to put my whole life story- but all I can go by is my experiences.
  13. KittensKill

Its nice to see some young women who, though they have chosen to go through with their pregnancies, are pro choice for the right reasons.

It has always been my opinion, that as a man, I have no say what so ever, over the contents of a womans uterus, even if those contents contain some of my DNA, they are not in my body.
  14. boondocksaint

boondocksaint New Member

lol i love how the views of this issue went from, abortion is bad they should have the kid, to its selfish to have a kid in there's a chance at a better life, both are ignorant, it's about what the parents wants, on both sides

I disagree, I see as a baby as half mine, so the man should have some say in it, as much, I don't know. I don't support a father making the mother go through birth, but also I don't support a mother aborting without consulting with the father when he wants to keep it.
  15. King

King Lord of the Bitches

Like I always say when this is brought up, until there is some way for a man to carry and give birth to a baby, the women will always have the final say.
  16. Rotten0Bananaz

I concur. Oh, child birth. It's unlike anything else, but that shit hurts!
  17. Hyper Emo

Hyper Emo Active Member

Hopefully no one cares too much about me reviving a thread that's been dead for almost a year.

Anyway recently a lot of shit seems to be going down in the US regarding abortion.

This article here covers how it's near impossible for women on low incomes to recieve medicaid funding for abortions. This completely goes against the principle that abortion is supposed to be accessible to all.

Here is the story about the 16 year old pregnant Texan girl who sued her parents for trying to force her to abort her pregnancy. Also among the online community, most people seem to have forgotten that pro-choicers also support those who continue their pregnancy. They are pro-choice, not pro-abortion.

Final anti-abortion thing I'm going to mention is this . There are bills circulating in a few states that would force a women to have a transvaginal ultrasound before receiving abortion care. A transvaginal ultrasound is a probe (a reasonably large one for the record) which is inserted into the vagina in order to obtain an ultrasound picture of a fetus which is too small for an abdominal ultrasound. This would take place in the first 12 weeks of pregnancy, which so happens to be when 88% of abortions in the US took place. Some of these bills require the transvaginal ultrasound in order to detect a fetal heart beat. If a heart beat is found then the women will be denied an abortion, yet will still be expected to pay for the invasive and unnecessary ultrasound.

Stepping away from all the negatives momentarily, many people have been making moves to destigmatize abortion. Sometimes even people who are 100% pro-choice shrink away when they find out someone close to them has had an abortion. It isn't talked about. Not all aborted pregnancies are unwanted, therefore why should women who have abortions be able to grieve as openly as women who have miscarriages. There was been a swell in websites selling things like this , opinions?

Kittens you may now lynch me for reviving the thread.
  18. KittensKill

*shrug*

how stupid!
    If you can't afford an abortion, then you certainly can't afford a child!

if she's legally old enough to consent to having sex, then she is legally old enough to say yes or no to an abortion... but that being said, too many young girls forget about the huge expense a child really is.

that is ridiculous! A heart beat means nothing, if the fetus can't survive outside the womb, then its ok to abort.
    Also, forcing the poor woman to pay for a procedure, that then condems her to going full term is so moronic! All it will lead to is more dangerous backyard abortion clinics.

indeed.
    The procedure to remove a dead fetus is technically an abortion.
    A miscarriage is a spontaneous abortion.
    And then there are the thousands of complications that can only be resolved with an abortion... failing which, will result in not only the death of the fetus, but also the poor woman carrying it.
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/nov/14/ireland-woman-dies-after-abortion-refusal

I applaud any woman who is brave enough to have such a thing in public

I have a soft spot for this topic.
  19. Hyper Emo

Hyper Emo Active Member

You'd think that much would be obvious. One of the main issues I have with the pro-life movement is the fact that they insist that all pregnant women carry a pregnancy to term, then slate women who are struggling to support a child. The women who have to claim welfare are labelled as "a drain on the economy" and told that they should've thought about the costs before having a child. However, these are the same people insisting that a woman should not abort even if she can't afford to support a child.

Oh did I forget to mention that the cost of a transvaginal ultrasound ranges from $390 to $2775, and it's highly unlikely that insurance will cover it. Yay for America.

I didn't even realise until a few weeks ago that abortion is still illegal in Ireland. I was shocked that a country as developed as that denies women the right to a medical procedure. Pro-lifers go on and on about how they want to stop preventable deaths, which is what they label abortion, yet is that not a preventable death. The fetus was going to die anyway, it was beyond the point of saving but the mother wasn't. Her death was completely preventable. I'm pretty happy that I live in Scotland right now.

Speaking of backyard abortions, stumbled across this:
    From here. I don't belive the term pro-life is particularly accurate, most of them are pro-birth. They want the child to be born but don't give a damn what happens to the mother.

Edit: Just found this. Bill has been passed in the Indiana Senate which will make it necessary for all abortion providers to be licensed to perform surgical abortions, even if they don't offer them.
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2013
  20. HxC FiALURE

HxC FiALURE tits or gtfo.

well I'm going to revive this.... most the theads here are dead anyway >.>

I am pro-choice. I have both had a baby and placed it for adoption, and had an abortion.
    No matter what the circumstances are, if you do not want to carry a child to term, it should be within your full legal and moral right to abort.